Our Camps History
In 1971, while the New Jersey State Elkswere looking for a site for a camp, the trustees of Camp Moore, a camp for underprivileged children that closed in the 1930’s, were lookingfor someone to carry on their work. The camp was donated with the stipulation that the name of A. Harry Moore, former governor of NJ, is carried on in perpetuity.  More than forty-five years later, due to the hard work and dedication of many thousand NJ State Elks, Elks Camp Moore is the major charity project of the NJ State Elks and has grown to great proportions. The camp is composed of over 18 modern buildings, which are air conditioned and fully accessible.  Among the buildings stand 3 modern camper dormitories, a two story dining hall, kitchen, arts and crafts room, game room, and a fully equipped health center. The camp also contains a large heated pool that is completely wheelchair accessible.